RIMSHIELD - Corrosion Protection for Rims and Tyres
RIMSHIELD – Corrosion Protection for Rims and Tyres
Superior Corrosion Protection for Rims and Tyres
RIMShield Premixed is a new technology corrosion inhibitor that is based on the use of carboxylate chemistry. This “next generation” technology provides superior corrosion control and heat transfer, which assists in extending the service life of rims and tyres.
RIMShield Premixed will protect rims and wheels from corrosion and scale and enables easier tyre demounting.
Multi-Metal Corrosion Protection for Alloy & Steel Rims
RIMShield Premixed provides protection by laying down a tenacious nanometric scale level film on the rim’s surface, that prevents corrosion/rust forming whilst protecting the inner cores of the tyre casing.
Non-Toxic, Biodegradable Corrosion Protection for Rims and Tyres
Being organic in nature, RIMShield Premixed is essentially non-toxic and readily biodegradable resulting in minimal damage to the environment when disposed of or accidentally spilt. The low toxicity considerably reduces EH&S issues for workers handling the product. RIMShield Premixed is classified as non-hazardous according to Safe Work Australia, and is classified as “readily biodegradable” and environmentally friendly as per OECD Guidelines.
RIMShield Premixed is recommended for alloy and steel rims
RIMShield Premixed is available as a premix for ready-to-use applications and as a concentrate. For concentrate use, the recommended treat rate is 16.5% v/v with water, and we recommend potable water quality as the minimum standard for concentrate blending.
RIMShield Premixed is suitable for applications where ambient temperatures do not drop below 0° C. For protection against sub-zero temperatures or where vehicles are operating in alpine conditions it will be necessary to add ethylene glycol or propylene glycol.
- multimetal corrosion protection for both alloy and steel rims;
- non-depleting technology resulting in long life corrosion protection, particularly where equipment may be left in long term storage;
- improved heat transfer properties compared to conventional rim protection products thereby removing heat from the tyre casing more effectively;
- superior vapour phase protection due to the formation of a tenacious molecular film on the metal and the migration of the carboxylate ions on the metal surface; and
- reduced cost in removing tyres due to the polar nature of the inhibitor (improved lubricity) and the superior control of rim corrosion
- non-toxic and biodegradable
Unlike most conventional inhibitors, RIMShield Premixed does not contain any environmentally unacceptable materials such as nitrites, amines, phosphate, borates, molybdates or silicates. Being organic, RIMShield Premixed has very low toxicity to fish and mammals and is readily biodegradable.
The use of RIMShield Premixed will considerably reduce the environmental impact for used product disposal and minimize occupational health and safety issues.
Other Brands v.s. Ours
- 200 litre drum RIMSHIELD Rim and Tyre Protector PREMIXED
- 1000 litre bulk RIMSHIELD Rim and Tyre Protector PREMIXED
- 20 litre pail RIMSHIELD Rim and Tyre Protector CONCENTRATE
- 205 litre drum RIMSHIELD Rim and Tyre Protector CONCENTRATE